Senior Engineer- Ruby PlatformAt Xperi Corporation
- Full Time
Posted on November 19th
Candidate will be expected to work on TMDB (https://www.themoviedb.org). The Movie Database (TMDB) is a community-built movie and TV database. TMDB is one of the most active movie & TV databases on earth. We’re investing heavily in the consumer experience and we need the expertise to make it happen.
- Design and build highly available, resilient, and performant user experiences for TMDB
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams like design (UX designers), product management and backend architects and development teams to validate prototypes and to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces
- Ensure the TMDB platform is ready for future roadmap and business opportunities
- Turn style guides into front-end frameworks and coding standards
- Translate wireframes into functional requirements, write well-abstracted, reusable, high-performance code for UI components
- Architect, develop beautiful yet fast code, and test for cross-browser and cross-platform applications
- Lead frontend technical development efforts independently, define software architecture, explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation of advanced visualization products
- Build new solutions, designs, re-architecture of certain components and enable existing TMDB platform ready for future roadmaps/business opportunities
- Follow the best development practices, secure development process, coding standards, documentation and methodologies such as Agile/Scrum
- Use test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fix bugs fast while taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Minimum 5 years of Ruby experience (Rails/Sinatra, ERB, Ruby, Resque)
- Minimum 3 years of client development (web/mobile)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in building APIs, and services
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience
- Should be able to write clean, maintainable, efficient, robust, highly scalable, reusable, secure and high performing application components and services as per the required specifications
- Strong experience in building front end clients for backend systems
- Design front-end architecture with architectural guidelines in mind (secure, high-performing, scalable, extensible, flexible, simple)
- Strong experience in HTML & CSS
- Exposure to some UI component libraries (e.g., Kendo UI)
- Strong understanding and application of distributed systems (at least experience one project at scale)
- Solid understanding of database usage and design
- Experience in building mobile UI and in converting web based to mobile
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages
- A solid foundation of HTTP, and the security and technologies built on top of it (cookies, session storage, JWT, web sockets, pub/sub)
- Experience building an application supported on both desktop and mobile
- Migrating desktop-based UI to web, and mobile friendly
- Comfortable taking a static design and building a living breathing user experience
- Distributed system concepts
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.