Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With legacy competition slow to react and over 30M raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Engineering Manager (Remote - USA / CANADA)
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will play an influential role in driving our mission to build an outstanding technology company. As an Engineering Manager, you will leverage your established technical know-how and commitment to individual growth to build high performance teams that will be successful in delivering products. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence an organization. You will also be responsible for building technical roadmaps with the team based on new problem spaces and greenfield business opportunities.
What you'll Do:
- Building high quality and fault tolerant products along with an inclusive team environment
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX, Data and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants
- Be a technical influencer across the company and empower your team to do their best work
- Provide technical direction through technical design reviews, and pair programming
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
- Advocate for quick iterative development accompanied by experimentation analysis
What you’ll Have:
- Over 1 year of proven technical leadership skills using the Ruby on Rails framework
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation and maintenance of web services and/or infrastructure
- Proven ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building and successfully growing development teams
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Experience designing and developing APIs, web and mobile properties
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile team
Our Tech Stack:
- Full stack Ruby on Rails (Frontend & Backend)
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- IT set up for your home
- 401k and RRSP
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!