Engineering Tech LeadAt Workstream
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on July 18th
Workstream’s SaaS technology addresses the top pain point of the local businesses around you: hiring, managing, and retaining qualified workers. We are a mission-based organization that enables these local businesses to hire faster with texting / SMS, cutting in half the time to engage, hire and onboard hourly workers. The 2.7 billion hourly workers are 80% of the global workforce but have been heavily underserved by technology compared to the other 20% of in-office knowledge workers.
Our customers include leading brands from multiple sectors, including McDonald's, Burger King, Jamba Juice, 7-Eleven, Uber, FedEx, etc. At series B, we are quickly expanding our product portfolio. We are backed by legendary VC's and industry’s experts, including Founders Fund, BOND, and Coatue.
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Engineering Tech Lead to join our growing engineering team.
Day in the Life:
- As an Engineering Technical Lead, you will work with your squad team members (local + remote) to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Engineering team strategy
- You will work closely with Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rail or React or AWS serverless technologies
- Design and architecting of cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack
- Guide team development efforts towards successful sprint delivery
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good habits and practices
- Provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Lead
- 3+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- 2+ years of experience in working in an Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirement management and roadmap development with product managers
- Have a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly on your own
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc
Our tech stacks are:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Database: PostgreSQL / Redis
- Infra: AWS / Terraform / Microservice / Protobuf / Kafka / Elasticsearch
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- WeWork Office - Amenities and Perks
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.