Lead DeveloperAt Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Full Time
Posted on August 5th
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,100 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
In 2021, Wilson Sonsini launched a new digital service called Neuron to digitally transform its startup practice. The Lead Developer will be responsible for making technical, architectural, work sequencing and many other decisions. You will continue to work in the code day-to-day, and look for opportunities to mentor other developers while being mentored by our principal developers. You will work closely with designers, other developers, and stakeholders to add additional capabilities to the Neuron platform, as well as maintain existing features and infrastructure.
About the Team
- Serious, studious, and precise
- Supportive learning environment and culture with excellent mentorship and collective work opportunities
- Significant experience in all aspects of software development, including distributed system design
- Heavily influenced by post-agile Lean and Toyota methodologies, including pull systems, Just-in-Time, and Theory of Constraints
- Very high quality standards
- 12+ years designing, implementing, and testing software
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluency in software design principles
- Expertise with test-driven development and its role in software design
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and distributed systems
- Solid grasp of interaction design fundamentals
- Expertise with work planning, sequencing, estimation and forecasting
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional team including developers, designers, architects, testers, and operations
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable with and has experience with stakeholder communication
- Lean, post-agile, and pull systems experience and expertise
- Experience with Microservices, service-oriented architecture, Pub/Sub, and evented systems
- Beneficial to have experience with Event Sourcing, stream processing, as well as Eventide and Message DB
- Very strong people skills and conflict resolution capacity
- Experience working with and coordinating vendors
- Domain modeling experience and expertise
- Relational database experience and expertise
- Message DB
If you are curious to learn more about Neuron, here are some links to explore:
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website here. Equal Opportunity Employer.
The firm requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and new hires will be required to upload proof of vaccination prior to their start date. At the current time, in accordance with CDC guidance, individuals are considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). If the CDC or local health authorities for our office locations amend their definition of “fully vaccinated” to include vaccine boosters, the firm will do the same. Individuals who wish to be considered for an accommodation on religious or medical grounds, or as allowed by applicable law, may do so by contacting the firm’s Human Resources department.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.