Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails (Remote)At Versapay
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 22nd
What you'll do:
- You’ll design, develop, and test product features that meet our business and technical requirements on time and on budget.
- Once comfortable with our stack and infrastructure, shift gears to support planning, scoping, design and implementation of new features.
- That means estimating methodically based on iterative learning (setting realistic deadlines that drive effort but also good work habits).
- Triage and correct performance and/or data integrity concerns by reviewing and evaluating code, data patches, system logs, and process/memory/disk consumption utilization.
- Collaborate with product analysts, customer care, DevOps, and other engineers on features and support cases, and as you continue to develop, support technical decision making, leading and supporting work that affects more and more complex systems and critical areas of our application
- Critical R&D to help us continue to design for scale and reliability as we grow (and we’re growing)
- And grow! Both yourself and support the growth of others, spurring meaningful discussions around complex and technical issues and contribute to our high-performing delivery culture.
What you'll bring to the team:
- You’ve got a background in computer science, engineering, and/or mathematics with +5 years of experience in software engineering under your belt. Also having written software in an agile test-driven culture that has shipped to market.
- You’ve got a strong knowledge of and practice in a variety of technology spanning, algorithms/data-structures, languages (e.g. Ruby, Java, React.js, SQL), and benchmarking tools/techniques.
- You’re personable and approachable – after all, working across cross-functional teams, people will be looking to you for your expertise
- But you’re able to work independently, heads-down at times, so a strong sense of ownership and accountability is key.
- You don’t shy away from detective work and problem solving (even when the answer isn’t obvious); finding solutions to problems excite you and you’re comfortable with the unknown and ambiguous.
- You’re analytical and able to look at situations from multiple vantage points to make data-driven decisions and solve real problems.
- You’re able to deliver communications that are clear, concise and effective, both written and verbal to get your ideas across and get buy-in if needed.
- If you’ve got experience in the Payments Industry and/or PCI/DSS, consider that a strong asset.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.