Lead Software EngineerAt Topstep
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 22nd
At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re a growing technology team who relies heavily on each member to contribute at each step of the development process, from requirements gathering through to development and feedback. We like to think of ‘problems’ as opportunities, and we’ve got a lot of opportunities to tackle this year! This role is exciting because you will get to own what you do, from making recommendations to helping us scale our technology, to enhancing our product by building out development and emotional tools for our traders. If you like working cross-departmentally and having insight and influence on decisions, you’ll love this opportunity.
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high-energy growth-stage environment, and have a passion for mentoring other software engineers. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- Design, develop, maintain, and improve a core product by working across the stack
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of features
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with the rest of the development team to troubleshoot production issues
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentor software engineers on best practices and standards within the industry
- Lead code reviews and play an active role in all aspects of our software development cycle
The Ideal Candidate
- Years of professional experience: 8+ years
- Strong understanding of common Front end languages and frameworks including React & Angular
- Strong understanding of relational and no-sql database best practices and ability to improve the applications interactions with the database
- Strong understanding of REST API Design and integration
- Knowledge of how to set up and configure CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of how to improve the performance of applications
- Strong understanding Software engineering design patterns and best practices
- DevOps experience on AWS
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Flexible Schedule Options, including 4-day workweek and half day Friday schedules
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Coming [back] Soon: Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Coming [back] Soon: Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.