Backend Software EngineerAt Thriver
- Full Time
Posted on August 1st
We’re looking for sharp, focused, and clever developers to help shape and build our outstanding team. The ideal candidate has web development experience, a track record of good judgment & a positive impact beyond the code they write.
We believe great things happen when you bring your people together to break bread. We believe modern technology should be used for good.
The trusted platform for thriving workplaces.
Thriver is a platform for discovering, booking, and managing services from highly rated service providers. We help take the risk and guesswork out of the booking process for employees and foster employee engagement. We proudly support local businesses by bringing awareness to our corporate customers.
We’re on a mission to fuel thriving workplaces and to make every employee feel recognized and excited about coming to work.
- We celebrate a good challenge and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves.
- We think out loud and operate on creativity and diverse perspectives.
- Our high functioning teams are built through trust and empathetic leadership.
At Thriver, we value diversity and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and workplace. Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whatever makes you unique, we’re here to welcome you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain applications built in Ruby On Rails
- Work alongside other engineers, UX, Product and QA to deliver a high-quality, polished experience
- Advocate for great architecture & justify your suggestions
- Embrace quality coding standards by developing reusable components and libraries for use across all of our apps
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests
- Challenge the team with new technologies and standards that improve our process
- Participate in code reviews and technical discussions
- Know what worked and why, what works and why & what won't work and why
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 2-3 years of practical experience writing server-side code
- 1+ years of practical experience with web-based frameworks (such as Ruby on Rails, Django, etc)
- Experience with GraphQL and/or Restful APIs
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity working with Git
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Proven strong communication and problem-solving skills
- 1+ years of practical experience with Ruby On Rails
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Github's style of git manipulation including pull requests, code reviews, etc.
- Familiarity with Github’s CI/CD systems (Github Actions)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Healthcare benefits
- Parental leave
- Equity benefits
- Company events
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.