Senior Software Engineer - Full StackAt TeamSnap
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on July 29th
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work '' and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work”.
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (FullStack / Backend) interested in working across the stack to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth from 23 million customers to beyond! Our stack includes Ruby/Rails, Elixir, and SQL along with Typescript, React. Similar roles include: Senior Software Engineer / Developer, Fullstack Engineer / Developer, Software Engineer / Developer.
Our engineers collaborate on technical challenges that enable them to learn new skills and grow their careers (article here). From a recent hackathon, we released the first-in-industry health check screening for teams. This led us to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award!
To deepen our connections with each other, we collaborate in pair sessions, virtual team swarms, and asynchronously within Slack. We also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
What You'll Do:
- Develop engaging commerce and partnership integrations and experiences for our customers.
- Occasionally interface with partners to assist with technical requirement discussions.
- Design and implement scalable apps and services, integrating these into an evolving unified product and system architecture.
- Brainstorm and evaluate new product features in collaboration with the product and UX team.
- Collaborating and pairing with other developers to develop solutions and teach technical skills.
- Contribute to our development standards within the team and across engineering.
- Evaluating and testing new technologies to help TeamSnap move faster or serve our users more effectively.
- Help teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Experience building apis, services and web apps at scale.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Experience with integration techniques like developer APIs, plugins, event streams, webhooks, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with a marketplace or platform business.
- Ecommerce and partnership/3rd party integration experience.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems that may span a number of systems.
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $128,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.