Senior Back-End EngineerAt Teal
- Full Time
Posted on November 8th
- Build out features that offer insights and guidance for our users
- Help maintain existing services
- Collaborate with our designers and business stakeholders, brainstorm, have fun :)
- Develop and shape the company’s backend standards and processes
- With our stack: Rails, Postgres, Redis, Heroku
- With testing, and you love it
- Working in a startup environment where helping to build culture and processes is just as important as building code
What Awesome Looks Like:
- You’ve made your first pull request, perhaps a missing test, or readme improvement.
At 1 week:
- You have a good idea of how the backend services work.
- You have a small PR merged into master.
At 1 month:
- You’ve deployed your first full feature.
- You’ve associated this feature with a metric, and seen how your feature has moved the needle on this metric.
At 3 months:
- You are fully fluent in our platform, showing us what is possible, what can be improved.
- You are helping us plan major features.
Who We Are:
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12 week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.