Digital marketing is undergoing one of the most significant changes in decades.
Switch was founded in 2021 to help marketing teams solve their #1 problem - rising customer acquisition costs. The Switch Platform is a turnkey SaaS solution for first-party data. Our clients achieve +90% match rates and +30% ROAS growth on average. Switch automatically syncs everyday, in real-time - and we do it all without handling sensitive PII.
We're proud to be partnering with some of the most iconic brands and advanced marketing teams across North America. Switch was founded by an ex-Googler, and two executive engineers, who are passionate about helping businesses make better use of their data.
Switch is a remote-first company and will hire talented people anywhere in the world.
Role and responsibilities
Level: Senior, Engineering Manager
Switch is looking for a product-focused engineer to help build out our platform features, help scale the platform 10x-100x from where we are today, and provide engineering support when we onboard new clients. We are a fully remote, extremely collaborative team that defaults to open and extensive communication.
The Switch platform is a Ruby on Rails monolith that receives and processes large datasets from our clients and sends the processed data to a variety of partner APIs. We are currently building out new products around the core product and expanding the functionality of the core platform. A major focus of recent engineering initiatives is durability, reliability, and scalability of our data ingestion and job processing system.
Our ideal candidate has been working in Rails professionally for several years, knows the framework, but also knows when to break out of it. They have a strong understanding of test-driven development with a bias towards action. They will have read POODR
and know when to spend innovation tokens
- 5+ years experience with Ruby, or similar object-oriented language.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails or similar MVC web framework.
- Experience with designing and scaling API-heavy asynchronous background jobs in any environment, but especially Ruby.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Strong bias to TDD and well-written tests
- Strong written / spoken communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Comfortable joining technical sales meetings with client engineering teams.
- Ability to distill complex technical topics to an audience with diverse levels of technical expertise.
- Some familiarity with React.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, in particular BigQuery and GCS.
- Familiarity with AWS, in particular S3, EC2.
- Familiarity with Heroku.
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Switch is located in Toronto, Canada, but operates fully remotely.
- Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
- Our ideal candidate lives in the UTC-3 to UTC-8 time zones.
Send a description of yourself, your work experience, and why you want to work with us at Switch to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you have the experience and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment, but lack some of the requirements please consider applying anyway.
We are looking for great people and would love to chat with you.