Sr. Software EngineerAt Storable
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 11th
- Help drive and develop meaningful solutions to the problems of our customer
- Collaborate with product and user experience groups to excite and delight our users
- Bring a quality-driven mindset to ensure the quality bar is maintained.
- Contribute to project design and refinement
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Contribute to the improvement of deployment ecosystem
- Proactively initiate changes to improve the processes and designs of the team
- Dive in with the team and act as a voice of leadership
- 3+ years professional work experience in software development
- Ability to analyze requirements and provide insight into ways to improve designs
- Experience designing small to medium scale systems
- Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble — you get things done
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Extensive knowledge of React is a big plus for the team
- Experience with interviewing is always appreciated for our senior members
- Not being afraid to ask questions will always help you get up to speed faster
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.