Fullstack Engineer IV, TrustAt Stash
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 5th
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritising People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfilment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Trust develops and maintains Stash’s Authentication and Access systems. The team’s mission is to drive users’ confidence in the Stash platform by providing the users, and entities acting on their behalf, a range of secure simple options to access/create their account, while also ensuring the integrity of the identity accessing the account. We also aim to enable all users to have the ability to self service any access related issue to their account.
As an Engineer on the Trust team, you will be working on improving customer experience during user creation and login via OAuth 2.0, making MFA seamlessly frictionless, and integrations with user authorised third-party financial service providers via OAuth 2.0, without compromising user privacy and security.
- Architect, design, and implement intuitive web applications that support the Stash experience, including rich user interfaces and robust backend services
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices (TDD is a plus!) and testing automation
- Experience working with OAuth 2.0 flows, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Authentication and Authorization concepts
- Familiarity with Open banking and Financial Data Exchange (FDX)
- Experience building an application at scale
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Experience with event-based architectures
- Familiarity with or interest in our stack Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Redis, AWS, Kubernetees, Spinnaker, CircleCI, Nginx
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to recruiting@Stash.com.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.