Senior Full Stack Engineer (Search and Performance Focus)At StackCommerce
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on September 23rd
- Configure and maintain Elasticsearch and related search technologies
- Contribute toward our ongoing roadmap for Search and Discovery
- Develop software solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a standard for modular and test-driven code
- Take on large projects with a high level autonomy
- Contribute to important architectural decisions
- Adhere to and advocate for technology standards and best practices
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors in CS or significantly broad engineering experience
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience implementing feature-sized code changes without guidance.
- Experience implementing large components and/or significant rearchitecting a system alongside a team.
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, etc. and working as part of a technical team.
- Experience acting as a technical lead on some projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional groups.
- Ability to describe technical projects at the right level of detail to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A track record of being a trusted advisor and partner both inside and outside of an engineering team.
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our President over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets and team culture events (even while remote!)
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.