Staff Backend Engineer, Platform Team - REMOTEAt SmartBiz
- Full Time
Posted on November 16th
- Designing and developing backend microservices for financial applications
- Consistently planning and delivering high-quality releases at least every 2 weeks according to plan, working in Python and deployed on AWS.
- Driving the design and implementation of applications and/or services.
- Providing great quality through high test coverage and detailed documentation.
- Taking initiative and a lead role on challenging technical projects.
- Helping other team members through design and code reviews and feedback.
What You'll Have a Chance to Master:
- New languages, frameworks, and platforms like Ruby/React and Python-based services.
- Automating - we’re automating everything we can.
- Leveraging machine learning to identify data, extract data, and make risk assessments.
- Work in partnership with application development teams to understand and improve SmartBiz’s platform.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years experience in a backend development role.
- A desire to become an expert in Python.
- Deep technical knowledge, knowing when to make trade-offs for short and long-term objectives.
- Experience with Lucid Charts.
- A passion for quality, reliability, security, and scalability.
- A history of owning issues and driving them to completion.
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and ownership.
- Clean Design: you love clean design and enjoy thinking about how users (of all backgrounds) interact with the software you write.
- You raise the bar and make peers better, leading by example.
- A great team player who shows humility, listens to feedback, and is unafraid to share their point of view.
- Mentoring and elevating the impact of others, all others - not just your team.
Opportunities & Benefits We Will Provide:
- Join us on the journey as we target an IPO in 24-36 months
- Help redefine small business banking
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- 100% paid life and disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Work from anywhere in the United States; we're a fully distributed company, and we provide the tools, culture, and support to make your work setup work for you
More About SmartBiz:
- 60% + of the loans funded by our banks are for women-owned, minority, or veteran businesses
- Great Place to Work Certified, August 2022 - August 2023 USA
- American Banker's Best Places to Work in Financial Technology in 2017, 2020, and 2021
- TechBullion named SmartBiz as one of the 5 Best Fintech Companies to Work For in 2019
- #313 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. in 2018
- Named one of the Best Places to Work and one of the Bay Area’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by the San Francisco Business Times
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and rated "excellent" by review websites TrustPilot, Consumer Affairs, and Google
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.