Associate Full-Stack EngineerAt SimplePractice
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 12th
At SimplePractice, our team is dedicated to improving the health and wellness industry by building a suite of innovative solutions for practitioners and their clients. Our product supports practitioners on their clinical journey to becoming licensed, helps them manage their business and practice once they’re up and running, and enables new clients to discover and interact with practitioners. Taking a practitioner-first approach in everything we do makes it possible for health and wellness practitioners to devote more time to their clients while they use SimplePractice to start, grow, and maintain a successful private practice.
- You are a self-starter, teachable, and motivated to learn from those around you
- You are passionate and willing to push the limits of existing technology and create the best possible user experience
- You are comfortable working on the front-end and backend to develop new features from start to finish, including design of architecture, coding, and testing
- You are delighted by good design and bring that taste to your front-end work
- You love building products that help thousands of customers in their day to day life
- Building out the next generation practice management platform
- Collaborating with our Product team to help understand customer needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Write clean, efficient well-tested code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Help diagnose problems and architecting solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Has experience with Ruby on Rails (or similar frameworks such as Django)
- Have an appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
- Experience taking requirements and translating them into code
- Solid communication & collaboration skills across Product, Design and Engineering teams
- Comfortable working with remote teams, using tools such as Github, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, Slack and Zoom
- Understanding of web application security and best practices
- Knowledge of managing MySQL/Postgres/Redis/NGINX
- Experience with Linux, preferable CentOS/RHEL
- Infrastructure management
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.