Rails Full Stack Engineer - (REMOTE)At Showcase IDX
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 14th
This is a rare opportunity to join our team at the beginning of a new mission, as we look to redefine how people find and buy homes on a national and eventually international scale. We are rethinking today's generic home search experience and creating a set of next-generation tools that will help millions of people around the world find and buy their next home and help their agents to deliver a great user experience. To achieve these ambitious goals, we'll be keeping things simple and transparent in the product design, code, and team. We believe that simple can be hard, but simple is worth the effort.
It's important to us that work is as enjoyable and drama-free as possible. Not every day will be sunshine and rainbows, but we've got each other's backs, and come together to help each other when we're unsure, stuck, or facing adversity. We like making well-reasoned decisions and making them quickly. We don't particularly like too many meetings, but we love working together to figure things out. We're laid back with each other, don't take ourselves too seriously, and laugh (probably more than we should), but we ship awesome, well-documented, and tested code, often.
Our team is made up of experienced, talented people who see opportunities where others may not. We understand that innovation comes from experience, experimentation, iteration, taking smart risks, and rejecting the idea that the status quo is the only or best way to solve a problem. You'll be challenged by big ideas, and have the opportunity to influence a product that truly impacts one of the biggest decisions in people's lives in very real ways. We are picky about our code. We want our codebase to be readable, maintainable, performant, reliable, and well-tested. We encourage use of language features to make code more readable, not overly clever. We aggressively, but nicely, code-review each other. We learn from each other, and push each other to get better.
We believe that delivering value outweighs how many hours you work or where you work. In our eyes, the best performance and outcomes come from focusing on our personal and team growth and development. We provide a flexible work schedule, generous vacation, a relaxed work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development. You'll never be asked to come into an office.
- You are motivated by working on hard and challenging problems rather than showing up just to check boxes.
- You are driven by building a world class product and better user experience
- You are passionate about team culture and delivering products
- You want to help those with less experience than you improve and grow
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, other engineers, customer success and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You are comfortable navigating uncharted waters within the company.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to delivering value and taking full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You understand how to balance scope of work with execution, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate with the product team, technical project manager, designers, and other engineers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development.
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas.
- Actively participate in code reviews, stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with Ruby and Rails (this is a full stack role so you’ll be doing both ruby and js.)
- Are able to work in a fully-remote environment
- Experience with Postgres, and Redis
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of concerns, configuration, performance, integration, analytics
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
Nice to have
- Experience with Pair Programming
- Experience with stimulus/reflex/hotwire/turbo
- Familiarity with Swagger
- Rails API Development (you’ll be interacting with a number of rails services)
- Experience using Kanban to meet deliverables
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Google cloud platform
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with react
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with RSpec
- Experience with minitest
- Experience with rails component testing
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with elasticsearch
How we measure success
First 30 days
- Learn and become proficient in our code base.
- Take on daily responsibilities.
- Help prepare the code base, processes
- Play a key role in the implementation of our project to build a portal for real estate agents to work with their leads.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of our future major milestone projects.180-365 days
- Work with a team to maintain and enhance the agent portal.
- Help plan the roadmap for the next Milestone projects and contribute to its implementation and on-time, on-spec delivery.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.