Full-Stack Ruby on Rails DeveloperAt RoleModel Software
- Full Time
Posted on January 24th
As a Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer, you’ll work within various teams to apply your craft to software we are delivering for our clients and our own internal products. You’ll have the opportunity to breakdown hard problems and desire to deliver iterative solutions.
Self-Starter/Learner – Understands the needs of a given project and follows through without prodding or excessive oversight. (Balanced with judgment and knowing when and how to ask for assistance and counsel).
- You desire to keep learning and continually improving by staying on top of best practices in the software industry, using those gifts and talents to serve businesses
- You balance “shiny new things” with using proven early adopter technologies (“crossing the chasm”)
- You want to grow in your leadership and mentoring skills and see that as way to enable further effectiveness and value to the team and our customers
- Seek the simplest solutions to problems in order to produce clean code and quick feedback from customers
- Humility is a trait you hope to be known for. You know, a “not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others” sort of mentality. (but you’re also awesome, which of course we want you to be)
- You are self-motivated, able to work both independently and in close partnership with other team members, and eager to learn
- Your work demonstrates experience as a full-stack developer; You can share details of how you crafted, lead and shaped the development patterns for your projects
- You’re passionate about the details and will work to make the execution of detailed work repeatable and learnable within the team
- Experienced working with both designers and skilled developers, in a customer focused and agile work environment. We collaborate on nearly every detail and will want to work with you if you enjoy working in a team-first company culture
- You’re excited by the prospect of growing with a dynamic company focused on software craftsmanship and serving its business clients
- You want to work in our office in Holly Springs, NC; Remote (US) also considered for the ideal candidate
- See the front-end as an integral part of development and want to integrate with the whole development team and improve the development experience (DX) of building polished frontend solutions
- Dynamic, growing software development consultancy looking for a capable Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer, with the potential to grow into a Craftsman (project lead) as the company expands
- Reporting to and working closely with the project Craftsman (tech lead) to conceptualize, craft and maintain our custom software systems for our clients
- On-site at our Holly Springs, NC office, remote (US) considered for the ideal candidate
- Casual work environment (including work from home opportunities for Holly Springs staff)
- Full time, flexible hours, Monday through Friday (your personal life is important and we want to honor that)
- 4+ years of experience delivering full-stack Ruby on Rails projects to production and supporting them
- Demonstrable skill in TDD. More than just a believer in automated tests. Uses testing to drive toward a simpler, more composable design.
- Experienced in applying XP practices (pair programming, code reviews, etc) in an agile way
- Experience working in a software consultancy or product company
- Good collaborator, in keeping with our core values. Familiar with remote pairing tools
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Experience building responsive web applications
- Enjoys collaborating closely with designers to enhance our product capabilities and push for excellence in the implementation of our designs
- Flexible, and adaptable, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Monday through Friday work week, flexible hours - mostly daytime
- 401K with company contribution
- Quarterly/annual profit sharing bonuses
- Tools/Professional Development accounts with monthly deposits
- Group rates for dental/vision/life insurance (non-subsidized)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with company match
- Preventative Care Insurance Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC)
- Fully subsidized Long Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Company culture based on work/life balance
Process of Candidacy
- A current resume
- Responses to the following questions:
- What equipment and tools do you prefer to use when you’re developing software?
- What experience do you have with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Object Oriented (OO) programming?
- What attracts you to RoleModel?
- What is your experience with a collaborative agile development process?
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.