Software Engineer - Ruby on RailsAt Rivers Agile
- Full Time
- Partial Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 23rd
Rivers Agile specializes in building software products for other small- to medium-sized businesses primarily from our home office. As a “product company for hire,” we form into small teams tasked with the full lifecycle development of a software product. Our engineers are the heart of that. We seek engineers who are lifelong learners, passionate about their craft, and defined by their unique personality, experience, and style. One-trick ponies need not apply.
Location: Our office is on Pittsburgh’s North Shore across from PNC Park. As most of our employees work remotely and come to the office for occasional meetings, we strongly prefer local candidates.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency with Ruby programming language and Ruby on Rails web framework, including the ability to develop and deploy a new web application from scratch
- Knowledge of Ruby Active Record and Rails Authentication and Authorization (i.e., Devise)
- Experience with one or more modern web application frameworks, such as:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Bootstrap, material design, or others
- Experience with other server-side technologies is a plus (Node.js, Java, Python, .NET, etc.)
- Competency working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in implementing robust user interfaces backed by enterprise-grade APIs and complex data models
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Reliably functions as an individual contributor to break down, define, estimate, design, and complete stories with minimal technical oversight as a member of a team
- Experience operating in all areas of the application lifecycle from inception through maintenance
- Delivers quality solutions to clients, closely adhering to accepted definitions of done and operating with an attitude of excellence
- Takes ownership of their responsibilities and demonstrates integrity, work ethic, professionalism, and diversity in working with others
- Participates in company activities, such as recruiting, training, and team building
- Adapts to change and ambiguity in a resourceful, positive, and professional manner
- Applies technical and industry knowledge to offer creative and relevant solutions to our clients
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.