Ruby on Rails DeveloperAt REW
- Full Time
Posted on September 15th
Maintaining and enhancing REW’s various software applications and platforms
- Collaborate in project planning, providing estimates and risk assessments
- Participate in technical design and architecture discussions, leading when appropriate
- Provide meaningful feedback and code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members, providing thoughtful feedback and direction, as appropriate
- Team-centred approach to development, providing clean, DRY, readable and maintainable code.
- Implement unit testing and integrate into continuous integration tools as needed and directed
- Diagnose performance issues with code created by others and provide workable solutions and improvements.
- Fixing code and other issues in QA and regression tests.
- Writing and maintaining project and technical documentation
- Environment and server set-up.
- Build management and CI delivery pipeline configuration/management.
- Address Web security issues through-out the development lifecycle
- Participate in project planning and analysis as needed
- Must be able to collaborate with our Vancouver, BC team during core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday
- Professional experience with production web development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a similar technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated Ruby on Rails programming skills on a production product
- Comfortable articulating technical design verbally and in writing
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec, Resque, caching
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of server-side templating languages (Liquid, Slim, HAML)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with development build tools (Bower, Rake, Bundler)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have an ownership and startup mindset and an ability to self-start, remain agile as business needs change, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Creativity is in your DNA. You run head-first at problems with real enthusiasm, always on the look-out for solves that add value and make a positive impact on our people, and the people we serve.
- You don't pull back from the edge, you take the necessary risk and you like to stretch yourself. It's not only about the outcome, but the thrill that comes with the adventure of it all.
- You won’t compromise the quality of your work or make yourself miserable for a company purely in pursuit of financial gain.
- You take real pride in your work. If it doesn't make the grade, you go back to the drawing board.
- You treat others well. At REW, we don’t elevate ideas above people, and neither do you.
- No matter how you choose to plan your work day, you show up when needed and deliver for the team.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.