Full-Stack Engineer - IntegrationsAt Poll Everywhere
- Full Time
Posted on November 19th
- Create new integrations with third party software applications to better support the workflows of our Enterprise customers
- Transition to using our Rails/Hotwire application as the single web service for all of our integrations
- Develop a shared interface between our integrations to create a seamless look and feel regardless of where our customers use the product
- Write maintainable automated tests. TDD and BDD are welcome here.
- Mentor other engineers in industry best-practices for Hotwire, Ruby on Rails, and general software engineering.
- Development of our three slideware integrations - Powerpoint (Windows), Powerpoint (macOS), Google Slides.
- Develop integrations with chat and video conferencing services, such as MSTeams, Slack, and Webex
- Optimize our backend infrastructure services, such as slide rendering and our build servers
🎙️ Our zero mystery interview philosophy
- No mystery, no surprises, no hidden criteria! We know how nerve-wracking interviews can be and we want to set you up for success by clearly outlining the skills we want you to be ready to showcase throughout our interview process.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. We have multiple positions open for a range of qualifications. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and shipping user facing production applications
- 3-5 years experience building integrations with third party APIs and services
- 2+ years experience with MySQL or a similar relational database
- Comfortable in at least three programming languages or frameworks
- Comfortable taking on new challenges, and working with new languages or frameworks without prior experience
- Awareness of secure coding practices and the importance of incorporating these practices in your work.
- Willingness to share learnings and experience with the team and the greater company
- Focus on clean code practices
- These are not required, but nice to have if you have experience in any of them:
- Experience with Windows native apps; C# and interprocess communications
- ObjectiveC and experience with macOS native desktop apps
- Web Extension Development
- Rails 7 and Hotwire
- GitHub Actions
💝 From us to you!
- Pioneers of all-remote work
- $150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly coffee and or tea subscription
- $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO to attend conferences
- $500 work from home stipend to get you set up for 2022 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.