Senior Backend DeveloperAt Petal
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 19th
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
You want to make a difference?
If, for you, accomplishment and challenge come hand in hand.
If, for you, the opportunity to make a real impact in the community is a reason to get up in the morning.
If, to you, software is more than code, it’s a tool to make the world better.
Launch your career while making a positive impact on society by joining one of Canada's fastest growing healthcare technology companies.
Let’s talk stack
Where we are today :
- Backend : Code in Ruby, workers with Sidekiq, caching with Redis, denormalisation with Elasticsearch, architecture Rails/Grape, CI/CD with Jenkins, use of docker at several levels to facilitate development / deployments.
- Frontend : Latest version of Angular with Typescript, RxJS, NgRx, SCSS.
Mobile : React Native, Redux, Static Analysis Testing (Typescript, EsLint and Prettier), React Native Testing Library and Jest, React Navigation.
Where we’re going:
We aim to be a world-class technology platform. To achieve this, we are currently working to review our technological environment and our work processes to redefine ourselves and move to the next level.
Curious about our challenges?
Did we mention that we're aiming for world-class? Think about efficient, highly scalable and responsive infrastructures, think interoperability, think multiple languages, think security - where to start! GDPR, PEPIDA, SOC2, and so on - we work in healthcare, that's a given.
Much has been done, but much remains to be done for us to be satisfied. Do you want to participate in our transformation and collaborate in refining the techniques and practices that make the development of modern and complex web applications so challenging, but oh so rewarding? We absolutely want to meet you!
If, however, you are the glass half-full type, take note - we aim to surround ourselves with constructive and forward-looking people. Life is too short to hear you drone on about what has been done in the past.
So what are we looking for?
- First off, a palpable passion for your craft - be able to tell us about accomplishments that you are proud of!
- In-depth knowledge of software development - ideally with a stack similar to ours, but don't be held back if that's not the case.
- Experience to spare - be ready and interested in solving complex problems and mentoring, training and engaging your junior-intermediate colleagues.
- Autonomy - but don't worry, you won't be alone in your corner when you arrive! You will have a dedicated colleague to support you for as long as you need.
- Reliability - no one wants to check your hours. We're interested in what you produce, how you advance your team's goals, and what you put in the hands of our customers.
- Collaboration - you don't have to be Miss Congeniality, but you must have the ability to work harmoniously with others and have a constructive approach to challenges or disagreements.
- Maturity - Senior developers at Petal understand business issues and are able to face challenges with pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach.
What awaits you
The work hard play hard philosophy doesn't work without the play. We work hard, so you might as well be aware that here we have fun too: relaxed atmosphere, social activities, exceptional colleagues - you will not be bored.
And as much as we love getting together - from full remote to full-time office - it's still your choice. Either way, you'll have a high-performance Macbook Pro and $ 1,000 signing bonus to optimize your set-up.
If and when you choose to come to the office, you will enjoy modern and freshly renovated spaces, both in Quebec City and in Montreal. Needless to say, coffee, tea, snacks and Thursday-Friday happy hours are included.
Group insurance, contributions to your retirement savings plan, vacation, telemedicine and well-being measures, we spare you the details, it's all there.
Your family or friends who asking if the extraordinary platform that facilitates access to care, is that you? The ultimate paycheck. Join us in our mission to empower healthcare innovators and improve healthcare differently.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.