Software Engineer, BackendAt Perchwell
- Full Time
Posted on November 5th
What we're looking for
Projects we’ve tackled in the past:
- Developed workflow solutions from the ground up that allow agents to create and edit property listings for some of the most valuable properties across multiple real estate markets.
- Developed an interface to allow users to export custom reports for their clients, allowing them to choose what information to include and how to display it.
- Engineered an advanced search and filter system allowing users to find apartments and analyze the most accurate real-estate dataset in New York.
- Blazing fast real time analytics on the property market driven by Elastic Search
What you’ll work on:
- Develop new client-facing features and interfaces
- Drive large, complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Tackle complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Mature our existing tech platform to prepare it to scale with our future growth plans
- Help us define a healthy and effective development culture that balances the need to move quickly with planning for the future.
- Be an example for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Take ownership over QA and release cycles of your work as part of a you-build-it-you-run-it practice.
Required for the role
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience collaborating on software development projects
- Deep experience with one of the more prominent languages, Java, Python, C#, C/C++, with a strong preference for Ruby (our current technology)
- Past experience building complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Appreciation for (and the ability to create) simple and beautiful UI
- Question assumptions, experiment with new technologies, and find the development of a reliable and maintainable system just as exciting as we do
Bonus Points if you have any of the following:
- Deep expertise with the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Coffee Script
- Elasticsearch & PostgreSQL
- Rails fundamentals: ActiveRecord/ActiveQuery, ActionController, ActionMailer
- Delayed job or other message queue implementations
- AWS services including: EC2, RDS, CloudFront, ECR, S3, and Route53
- Experience with any of the following:
- Working knowledge or experience with AWS offerings, Elasticsearch, or PostgreSQL-
- Building and maintaining low-latency ETL workflows; data ingestion/aggregation
- Implementing RESTful APIs and, in particular, OData-compliant services
- Working with omnichannel communication APIs (incl. email, SMS, push notifications, etc.), particularly Twilio's APIs.
- Front end development in React or Backbone
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.