Senior Software Engineer, Health Record, (Remote)At One Medical
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 19th
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building and delivering elegant code. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- technical, clinical, and operational -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product, thinking through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
Most of all, you want to apply your considerable skills and experience to a cause that you care about while working with a talented and fun team.
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python or Node)
- Test-driven development (Jest, Rspec)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the organization
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with NodeJs, Python and modern libraries for those
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code technology
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role based anywhere in the US. The role will ask you to work the hours of 9-5 pm, either in the Central Time Zone or the Pacific Time Zone (some flexibility based on team meetings). You have the option of working in our San Francisco headquarters, Austin, TX or New York, but most of your coworkers prefer remote for now.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.