Software Engineering AssociateAt Nuance
- Full Time
Posted on August 5th
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce high quality and well-documented code for our computer-aided physician documentation platform primarily in Ruby on Rails.
- Collaborate with Product Management and peer software engineers to design, develop, and implement features for our AI based Computer Assisted Physician Documentation solutions.
- Work with Product Management to analyze product requirements and customer needs, to help write both functional and technical specifications for application components as well as major features/versions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development and testing cycle as part of a multi-functional Scrum team.
- Implement and maintain both unit tests and automated functional test coverage in collaboration with other Scrum team members.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies quickly.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1+ year Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience Required Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well both within and across Scrum teams
- Experience with distributed systems using HTTP/REST, WebSockets a plus
- Familiar with a hosted platform, such as Azure or AWS
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.