Software Engineer, Back End (Ruby on Rails)At Nowsta
- Full Time
Posted on November 4th
- Develop new services and features while maintaining and enhancing existing systems
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable, well-tested code that follows best practices
- Participate in code reviews to ensure coding standards and best practices are followed
- Gather requirements and document technical approaches (solution summaries, recommendations, flow charts, system diagrams)
- Troubleshoot complex issues across systems (client apps, APIs, databases, integrations)
- Support team members with guidance, problem-solving ideas, and technical presentations
- Keep up to date on existing and emerging technologies, advocating for new practices to adopt
- 5+ years of software design and development experience, building mission-critical, secure, high-volume distributed systems
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails, preferably building web APIs
- Experience leveraging AWS services like EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, containers
- Capable of diving in to unknown code to reverse engineer for requirements analysis or support
- Familiarity with high-level architectural patterns like CQRS and Event sourcing
- Comfortable with client-side development in React.js
Nice to Have:
- Experience coaching and mentoring fellow team members; experience with outsourced developer teams is a plus
- Mobile development experience in React Native
- Experience with data engineering and/or data science projects
- DevOps experience with AWS hosted applications
- Experience with authentication and authorization solutions and other security products that protect user data and privacy
If you meet more than 50% of the job requirements above, please apply!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.