Senior Full-Stack Engineer, NotaryAt Notarize
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on August 4th
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of 2021 -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
What you’ll do:
You will be a key member to build out our notary platform. The platform, much like the familiar ride sharing system, is where our end users (signers) get routed to meet notaries and complete notarization online. The matching uses sophisticated algorithms in the robust routing engine the team proudly developed and continues to enhance, and you will be part of it! Digitally certified notaries sign up in the platform using the intuitive onboarding flow that catered to their specific needs - whether they are employed by their companies to serve their own employees, or ones to offer their services as a main or complimentary job for our signers. The notary platform is always available, built to scale, and provides the best user experience possible, with security, accuracy, efficiency that far exceeds the traditional in-person notarization. It’s the platform of trust where our signers conduct their life’s most important transactions, and our notaries rely on its easy-to-use tools to get the job done.
You will work on any parts of the notary platform - examples like frontend UI of notary onboarding, meeting experience (React, Apollo with GraphQL), the backend routing engine (Ruby on Rails), the system of records (Postgres, S3), all deployed in the AWS cloud infrastructure. - It’s more important about your experience in design, architecture, algorithm, performance and scaling than knowing a specific language.
You will collaborate closely with stakeholders, designers and product managers in early phase definition, brainstorming, with other engineers during implementation and deployment, with customer support to analyze impact - you are involved in all phases end to end.
You will provide leadership and critical input on technology choices and architecture of services for the notary platform - you are responsible to ensure it is secure, highly available, and scalable, but also end user friendly.
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + wellness day each month
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working with a team of engineers on product development, preferably in a SaaS environment
- A passion for good user experience, robust algorithm to solve complex problems, clean scalable architecture
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve people’s lives
- A willingness to learn in any part of the stack - from web interfaces to APIs, data layers and back-end services, and openness to new technology for the right solution.
- A belief in good unit test coverage, strong test case scenarios - active consideration of the different ways features will be used
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to end
- Effective communication and active listening skills, with a thoughtful, collaborative approach to problem-solving
We encourage everyone to apply, even if you are unfamiliar with the technologies we are using. When hiring new engineers, we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.