Senior Software Engineer, Ollie OrderAt Next Glass
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 23rd
Ollie Order is an online marketplace for beverage alcohol. Our commerce platform helps producers, distributors and buyers manage catalog, orders, inventory, payments, invoices, reporting and fulfillment. Ollie is building for growth and preparing to enter new markets.
Next Glass is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join the Ollie team to develop the platform and its commerce tools. In this role you will work in a modern tech stack with a cutting-edge front-end. You will collaborate with other experienced engineers to expand Ollie’s capabilities and bring the platform to new markets.
What we look for:
- High competency with full stack Ruby on Rails on large scale production level applications
- Wide experience developing features from soup to nuts across the full stack
- Strong understanding of systems architecture, database design, Ruby
- Outcome oriented and highly motivated, takes self-initiative and has willingness to learn
- Experience with cutting edge tools such as Hotwire, Stimulus (Reflex) and ViewComponents and Tailwind advantageous
- Prior experience with commerce, ordering management tools, ETL, EDI integrations
- Experience with RESTful API’s, authentication and security conventions
- Takes part in an on-call rotation to support the application in the event of rare outages and incidents
Next Glass engineering is distributed and fully remote. However, you must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager to implement technical and product requirements, collaborating with team members in execution
- Participate in Scrum - planning, estimation and retrospective meetings
- Undertake continuous improvement of the technology stack, infrastructure, application uptime and performance.
- Share knowledge and feedback to peers on code quality, product design and system design. Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years industry experience as a software engineer
- Adaptive mindset for programming and scripting languages working throughout the stack
- Experience building and growing a B2B SaaS product or commerce product
- Familiarity with technology stack:
- AWS, Heroku
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Stimulus (Reflex), ViewComponents, Hotwire, Tailwind
- Postmark, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Logrocket, Sentry, Opsgenie, Rspec/Capybara/Percy
- API design and development
- Commerce or Ordering platform
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.