Software Engineer - BackendAt Motive
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 23rd
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building products that will modernize the Compliance, fleet, and driver management solutions for our customers to increase productivity, profitability and more importantly to keep the roads safe. As part of this role you will build scalable infrastructure, APIs/services and work with a team that is passionate and make an impact to the trucking industry which is the driving force of the economy.
We are looking for accomplished engineers to not just deliver products to bolster Motive’s success on providing Compliance solutions but to go beyond it using the latest technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to design, document, and deliver scalable solutions
- Ability to write secure, maintainable code that powers the platform that connects the world’s trucks
- Launch and support features that will be used by trucking industry
- Resource for the product team to determine technical feasibility of features
What We’re Looking For:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years software development experience
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems and data models
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience building for Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or private clouds
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.