Senior Software Engineer - Backend, Asset MonitoringAt Motive
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on August 4th
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We are addressing significant issues faced by trillion-dollar industries that power the physical economy, including logistics, transportation, food & beverage, plumbers, HVAC, construction, and oil & gas. These businesses continue to be the lifelines of our economy even during the COVID pandemic. The opportunity here is enormous, and you will have a massive impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play an active part in designing backend components and services for new feature development of Asset Monitoring Product. You will implement scalable architecture and work on an enthusiastic team contributing to robust projects such as Telematics, and Geolocation to name a few. As part of this role you will collaborate with the Firmware and Hardware teams to build monitoring functionality for our customers.
- Build scalable data models, services, APIs and reports.
- Make scalable design choices for building new asset monitoring functionality.
- Build software that is reliable, available, maintainable, scalable, serviceable and secure.
- Implement software development best practices for estimation, code reviews and testing.
- Build appropriate monitoring, logging, debugging for the health of the system.
- Actively work on our cloud native architectures.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-starter who likes solving difficult and ambiguous problems with a solid Computer Science foundation.
- 5+ years software product development experience building product, infrastructure, distributed systems, data models, APIs and reports.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Go Lang, or similar language
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, snowflake, and Redshift.
- Experience building for Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.