Senior Applications DeveloperAt Merchants Bonding Company
- Full Time
Posted on June 23rd
Do you want your work to be visible and impact things that really matter? Do you want a voice in how our development team works to deliver value every day? Are you awesome? If so, we’re hiring a Senior Application Developer and we’d like to talk to you.
The Surety industry is advancing and we’re taking the lead. Our team is always interested in meeting today’s technology innovators. Our unique structure and environment allows our team members to collaborate on projects, be successful at what drives them, and make an impact company-wide.
The Senior Applications Developer role is integral in the building and leadership of software teams. They work with a team of developers and assist in leading team efforts and iteration planning/execution. This role is crucial in the creation and design of industry-differentiating software. Mentorship of less-experienced engineers is another major portion of this opportunity. Finally, this role is involved with other business areas, including business leadership and requires the ability to maintain a strong working relationship and drive business solutions.
Job duties include:
- Employing agile development methodologies such as pair programming, test driven development, short iterations cycles and managing WIP.
- Developing code, debugs and implementing applications and system enhancements using various technology stacks as appropriate for the specific need.
- Designing and testing program logic, to ensure final production readiness. Testing program through automated unit testing and other testing techniques as required.
- Establishing and maintaining databases for user tests and production purposes. Managing relationships across roles and the organization to maximize collaboration, partnership and efficiency.
A successful Senior Application Developer has:
- A Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in technologies associated with specific individual and team duties. Ruby on Rails required.
- Extensive experience managing a Rails infrastructure with Heroku or other related Rails hosting platforms.
- Strong skills in the areas of organization, written and verbal communication, problem-solving, creativity, teamwork and collaboration, planning, and judgement
- A knowledge of and background in agile development methodologies, pair programming, test-first development, short iteration cycles, and project management
Succeed with Visionary Leaders. Merchants’ reputation sets us above the competition. Our growth has remained in the double digits for over 10 years.
We have a 37.5 hour workweek with flexible scheduling and a disciplined training program immersing new underwriters in actual bond analysis. Our compensation, time-off and benefit package rivals much larger corporations.
You could follow the crowd but we know you want to aspire to something greater. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our careers page at www.merchantsbonding.com and complete an employment application.
What are you waiting for? You’ve been invited!
Learn what our associates love about working at Merchants: Click Here!
Learn more about Merchants Bonding Company culture, our mission statement, and available positions on our website at: https://www.merchantsbonding.com/careers.aspx
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.