Ruby on Rails DeveloperAt Material
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 14th
Brands need insights that lead to great ideas. We help our clients turn business questions into actionable insights. Our team of super likable humans is dedicated to research innovation and maintains a nimble, and disruptive startup mindset. We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position can be remote; however, we are currently set up in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL,, ID, IL, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TX, and CO.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level Ruby on Rails developer responsible for maintaining and expanding Ruby-based community research applications. Your primary responsibility will be to support and grow these applications, designing and developing new features to meet unique client needs.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You will work with various teams, both in and out of the development team. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain, efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Support and improve mature/legacy applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Maintaining APIs
- Partner with leadership to map out new product features and solve unique client problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby and the Rails framework
- Ability to write clean, readable Ruby code
- Must have full stack experience using Rails, Heroku/AWS, RDBMS (PostreSql/Mongo DB) and React/Bootstrap/TypeScript UI
- Proficient with code versioning tools, e.g. Github
- Must enjoy learning new things and working with mature products
- Must be self-directed and work well in a remote team environment
- Any experience using Elixir and Phoenix LiveView is a plus
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!):
We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you can make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries, but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.