Join our team as a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer! We have offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman and more!
SpringServe (now part of Magnite) is a video ad server that some of the largest Connected TV publishers, TV manufacturers and platforms around the world use on a daily basis to manage their advertising campaigns. We process 100 billion events a day through our real-time systems and growing. Our UI is the hub that Publishers use to manage their business relationships, track their goals and optimize their revenue.
About the role
As a Lead Engineer you will take up a player/coach role, you will spend time writing software, as well as mentoring engineers and driving the roadmap forward. You will guide others, take ownership of key components and provide feedback on future technical direction. You will work alongside our lean team of well-rounded experienced engineers to drive full features across the entire stack. You will be responsible for growing and developing the team and helping to recruit for the overall engineering organization, as well as evaluating and coaching members of your team and celebrating the team's successes.
Our commitment to you:
You will also add large new features to our data rich platform. These features allow publishers to see how their campaigns are performing in real-time and provide them with the levers needed to manage a complex business.
Our UI also is the control hub for the entire platform from an engineering perspective. Changes made in our UI are synced globally to a fleet of servers running our ad server and data pipeline.
We are still growing and in start-up mode, there is plenty of opportunity for Engineers to see the difference their work makes and grow and develop technically. Springserve is going from strength to strength and our Engineers are fundamental to this success!
As a Lead, you will have
- Software development experience in Ruby + Rails
- Experience working on a large complex platform with lots of models, controllers and integrations
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with job queues like sidekiq
- Experience of leading software development teams
- A passion for mentoring and developing software engineers
- Experience diving deep on technical and human problems and can communicate about them to others of varying skills levels and roles
Our Ideal Candidate will have
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Knowledge of ad tech
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, Gym Reimbursement and Cell Phone Subsidy.
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires.
We’re Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI), the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. Anchored in bustling New York City, sunny Los Angeles, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.