Lexop is looking for an experienced Back-end Ruby developer — open to remote work within Canada.
Lexop’s mission is to help people pay their past-due bills easily. In fact, we want to be the number-one recovery experience for businesses and their customers around the world.
WHO WE ARE
We believe that it’s essential to work in an inclusive company with people that you trust and who trust you. We don’t micromanage because we know you’ll deliver your best work unhindered. We are a diverse, funny, and ambitious team. Our mission is to help consumers all around the world pay their past-due bills - and with Covid, this mission has become more important than ever.
We believe that having access to the leadership team fosters professional growth and ensures individual as well as company-wide success.
We believe in proximity and continuous peer interactions. This means that by joining Lexop, you get to participate in weekly happy hours, monthly events, and quarterly all-hands meetings where we share news about all aspects of the company. You'll find out very quickly that culture trickles down from the top.
Every “Lexoper” benefits from a wide array of perks and benefits. Besides flexible hours, we also offer :
- A minimum of 5 weeks of vacation.
- Fridays off during summers.
- $2,500 every year on professional development and continuing education.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Bi-annual bonus.
- Stock options.
Lexopers living in the vicinity of Montreal also benefit from a hybrid workplace. They get a yearly allowance for their commute to the office, a fully stocked kitchen, and many fun activities on-premise. Our modern and spacious offices in Montreal’s Old Port foster plenty of opportunities to bond during the different social events and fun team-building activities.
Lexopers residing beyond a 250km radius of Montreal receive a yearly budget for their home workstation. They come to the Montreal office at least once a year for a few days with paid expenses.
Under the Director of Software Development, you'll have the opportunity to put your Ruby skills to the test, on a mission to help humanize an archaic process, in collaboration with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Product Designer and all the developers.
- Be part of the development planning and peer-reviewing processes
- Build integrations
- Work alongside designers, developers and product managers to create beautiful and amazing features
- Focus on maintainability, flexibility and scalability (and lots of other fun core values)
- Work alongside designers, developers and product managers to create a beautiful and amazing thing
- Rails 6.0+
- Ruby 2.7+
- Test-driven development
- Agile and Scrum workflow
- API development.
- 6+ years of experience
- Experience with payment gateways and integrations
- Experience with PCI compliance and security requirements
- Performance analysis and optimization (database, process execution ...)
People say, "work hard, play hard." At Lexop, we believe in "work smart, live well.".
If this speaks to you, you need only to apply.