Staff Software Engineer, Payment ExperienceAt Justworks
- Full Time
Posted on September 24th
Who You Are
Your Success Profile
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Lead complex projects or changes that will benefit the entire organization
- Keep our code healthy and follow good practices, and motivate other engineers to do the same
- Provide guidance and support growth in other engineers across multiple teams
- Build features and functionality that our customers use directly, typically in an iterative fashion taking into account user feedback
- Own the technical direction of an evergreen initiative operating as a start-up
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 8 years of professional hands-on experience
- Expertise in large-scale either Ruby on Rails or React applications; we expect staff candidates to leverage a diverse skill set beyond these tools
- Demonstrable experience leading engineers without formal direct reporting relationships
- Strong systems architecture and coding/scripting skills
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience proactively collaborating across different engineering teams
- Experience working with service-oriented architectures and complicated systems at scale
- Experience building APIs and/or webhooks
- Experience working using Agile/Scrum methodology in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a high-growth environment working with deadlines and milestones
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios, Rollbar, DataDog
Please Note: In accordance with New York City public health requirements, and because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.