Contract - Sr Software Engineer (Ruby-on-Rails)At Itron, Inc.
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on July 27th
Interested in making the world more resourceful, in a newly established R&D centre and in cloud based IoT energy management solutions?
Itron DEM (Distributed Energy Management) is the industry’s leading provider of integrated cloud-based demand response, energy efficiency and customer engagement solution. It allows us to control networked devices (such as air conditioning, electric work machines etc.) to manage and better match supply and demand in peak periods.
Itron is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join our international DEM team, with members in Denver and Budapest, working with the DEM Development team in an agile methodology. You would be focusing on developing and maintaining a large Ruby-on-Rails application and multiple Ruby and Elixir based microservices running on Docker.
- We are looking for motivated senior software developer who can get up to speed quickly on a complex Elixir backend system.
- Project includes integration with 3rd party REST and Socket.IO APIs
- You will be a member of an elite team of developers who will change the way the world lives and uses energy
- Experienced backend developer who is familiar with client-server architecture
- Good understanding of SQL, Linux, Git, Test Driven Development
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology field
- Fluent English
- Ruby-on-Rails (ActiveRecord, RSpec)
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Containerization (Docker)
- REST APIs (writing/consuming)
- Experience in Agile methodologies
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, gender expression and pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, mental or physical disability including medical condition), genetic information or other status protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.