Senior Full Stack Engineer/ Tier 3 LeadAt Interfolio
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 22nd
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team! The position of Front End Engineer can be a fully remote position (US based) or based out of our headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
How you will make an impact:
- Oversee Tier 3 engineering technical team
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of T3 engineering support development teams, including internal and external team members to ensure complex/advance product issues are resolved according to SLA’s.
- Establish a Problem Management process to determine the root cause of issues and system incidents and develop changes to resolve.
- Support the Architecture
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- 5+ years of web application development experience in an enterprise of consumer software development environment
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails/PHP/Angular or React in a component based architecture
- Experience with build tools (Bazel, Webpack, Parcel, Gulp)
- Experience integrating with back-end APIs via REST and GraphQL
- Experience building web applications having proper layers of abstraction, separation of concerns, reusable components, and containment
- Experience with Git version control
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to guide technical direction within a cross-functional engineering team
- Meticulous attention to technical and visual details, with a passion for delivering high-quality user experiences
- A passion for leading, mentoring, and developing other team members in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent at writing technical documentation
- Ability to work remotely and effectively manage your time
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- Being a part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high quality code to production that powers the business excites you!
Nice to haves:
- Full stack application development, including services development in Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Familiarity with Accessibility in web apps
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based web architectures (in AWS)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.