At Inspectify, we are the world’s only vertically integrated property inspection platform. We are backed by some of the most prominent venture firms including Nine Four VC, Foundation VC and YCombinator (S20). Our platform streamlines inspections through our network of over 2,000 inspector partners in the US and Canada and proprietary inspection software that generates the “API of the Home”.
We are building an development team based in Montreal who will collaborate closely with the rest of the product and engineering teams in Seattle and around the USA. You will report directly to the VP of engineering also based in Montreal and collaborate with the company CTO originally from Quebec.
We are looking for a Full-stack developer to come help design and build our platform. You will part of the team responsible for building our backend system (Ruby on Rails and Postgresql) and integrate it with our frontend technology (React, React Native and GraphQL); You’ll help build the marketplace used by Home buyers to find Home inspectors and our Homeowner site to help them manage and keep their house in perfect condition.
You will be invited to travel to Seattle multiple times a year.
- Build new features for our web portals (React and Rails) and mobile apps (React Native).
- Own all parts of the development process, including design, development, testing, and code review
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies that would help Inspectify be more successful
- Work closely with members of the Product, Operations, Sales and Customer Success team to find answers and solutions for our users and to make our team more efficient.
- Good experience with backend technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails or a similar technology.
- Good understanding of web technology stacks, including browser caching, cookies, http request, security, and response mechanism, etc.
- Proficient in CSS and SASS is a plus.
- Hands on experience building web and mobile applications using React and React Native is a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adjust quickly in a dynamic environment.
- 2+ years software development experience.
We Are: Professional. Knowledgeable. Empowering. Efficient. Innovative. Understanding.
We care about people
We work with different types of people everyday and we need to pay attention to them. Starting with the people, internally and externally, will help us gain and keep their trust as we build out our offerings.
Understand and connect the system
We understand that we’re placing ourselves as a third-party in an already complicated dynamic in real estate. Our current work and future vision will continuously affect the different elements in the transaction space. From all areas, know how one action or change can affect the ecosystem.
Empower to Own
We strive to set an environment where people can be leaders which means being able to own. Opening up opportunities for trials, experiments, and thought-provoking conversations will bring a sense of impact and value to each and every one of us.
Be consistent with a purpose
We need to have established opinions on different matters. These perspectives that we carry on shows that we should be consistent in our messaging, interaction, and relationship. But, always remember to be intentional and know why we hold onto these thoughts.
Expand your potential
We want to be in a culture that cultivates growth in our employees. Leaders not only lead but also think bigger organizationally. By crafting this type of atmosphere, we want to make sure our customers and partners are getting the best experience.
Be conscious by giving back
We adopt a mentality of creating a cycle of giving back to the community and/or society. The space we’re in is very tight-knit and Inspectify needs to be at the forefront of being an example in the industry. Being thoughtful of our community reflects that we are conscious of our position in the business.