Staff Software Engineer, EngineeringAt Imagine Learning
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 20th
Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. We serve more than 10 million students and partner with more than 7,500 school districts nationwide.
Envision Your Experience
As a Staff Software Engineer of the Product and Enterprise Operations team, you will lead the design of software components, systems, and features. You will lead and participate in high-level architectural discussions, and own the technical specification of the software, creating or collating the technical documentation and consistently deliver high-quality software
This is a regular, full-time position, based out of your home office.
Imagine Learning offers competitive total compensation, including incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- 6 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 4 years of related experience with a Master’s degree; or 3 years of related experience with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Takes proactive initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others
- Recognized leader within one or more domains, working knowledge of all enterprise domains
- Experience designing and creating Restful Services
- Competent with all engineering tools to resolve complicated software defects.
- Prefer Ruby on Rails experience. Should have mastery in at least one programming language and proficiency in some other languages and frameworks such as Java, .NET, C#, Angular, or React.
- Proficient in data management and different database technologies, including SQL, NoSQL, GraphDB, etc.
- Strong understanding and experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
- Expert with cloud infrastructure, deployment tools, and operations.
- Mastery of estimation, engaging with business stakeholders to prioritize timely delivery of epics and initiatives.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers, and other business associates, Imagine Learning encourages employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Employees entering our office locations must be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test result within 24 hours of their visit.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace, with most employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees.
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.