Ruby on Rails Developer (mid, senior)At IdeaCrew
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 15th
IdeaCrew is currently seeking senior and mid-level Ruby on Rails Developers to join our innovative, hard-working team as we disrupt healthcare technology.
As a member of our development team, you will work closely with subject matter experts, chief engineers, business analysts, system architects, UI designers, SOA and RoR developers, DBA’s, testers and others to design and implement APIs and Web-based applications.
A Ruby on Rails Software Developer for IdeaCrew will
- Design and develop software for Web applications, Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Capture functional requirements as Use Cases and accurately estimate level of effort to develop
- Work independently to identify solutions
- Write object-oriented Web application/interface code conforming to established methodology and standards
- Design and code software service components, units, and modules that meet project specifications and development schedules
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that all technical project deliverables comply with customer standards and requirements
- Evaluate third-party software components for potential use in developing solutions
- Practice Behavior Driven Development and test-first coding methodologies
- Contribute to business discussions about the project and user interfaces
- Document development projects and create test plans
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for application issues
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Four year degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Three-plus years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Agile software development principles, practice and process experience (from use case definition to component delivery) experience required
- RSpec, git, Capistrano experience preferred
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle) required
- NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB) database experience preferred
- SOA and Web service development experience preferred
- Experience deploying solutions on Linux platforms preferred
- RESTful Web service using XML, XSD, JSON experience preferred
- AMQP or JMS messaging experience preferred
$70000 to $150000 per year
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.