iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $139 billion in global client assets invested in 1,116 funds, as of August 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work end-to-end on new features, enhancements, and defect resolution on one or more of iCapital's software platforms. This role will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found in manual test efforts.
- Design and implement scalable client-side and server-side architecture while maintaining and enhancing existing platform services and features.
- Provide technical leadership to motivate and guide team members and mentor junior engineers
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings.
- Actively participate in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change.
- 8+ years progressively increasing software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience. Python or Scala would be good substitute if there if less experience in Ruby
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with modern JS frameworks such as React
- 2+ years of front end and back-end test automation development using RSpec, Cucumber, or similar
- 2+ year technical leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies – K8S, AWS etc.
- Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, and an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) and parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days a week, and remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs or remote jobs based on their function.
This role offers a remote-first option. This position does include the ability to come to the office on an as-needed basis, to be determined by you and your manager. You must reside within a commutable distance to one of our Greater New York offices.
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.