IT Software Engineering ManagerAt Houlihan Lokey
- Full Time
Posted on September 7th
- Manage and direct software delivery teams responsible for:
- Capturing and documenting business requirements and managing the software delivery sprints & releases.
- Design and development of software applications and services leveraging Ruby on Rails, .NET, and Office 365/Azure that meet technical and end user requirements.
- Administration, configuration, access management, and development of applications and scripting for PostgreSQL databases on the Heroku platform and Azure / SQL Server databases.
- Development and support of automation scripts for data ingestion and transformation.
- Development and maintenance of unit tests, integration tests, and system tests.
- Management of code in a code repository such as GitHub.
- Deployment and management of software resources to development, test, and production environments for on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
- Monitoring of application and resources for availability and capacity constraints or performance impacts, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with IT and business users to evaluate and identify technology solutions that meet business requirements.
- Partner with the Product Manager to establish and maintain an IT Strategic Roadmap for PV Technology.
- Assist with audit reporting, logging, and other compliance activities on HL policies and relevant industry regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX and SEC audits, NIST 800-53 and CIS Critical Security Controls20).
- Assist IT operations in troubleshooting end-user or application issues.
- Work with the core Incident Response Team and assist with any tasks associated with the investigation or remediation of security incidents.
- Participate in change control procedures for systems when applicable.
- Assist with documentation of systems, configurations, and operating procedures.
- Assist with policy compliance reviews of systems.
- Provide specific assistance and subject matter expertise in IT projects and business initiatives, as requested.
- Work with internal IT Application, Infrastructure, Support, and Network teams.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university and eight or more years directly related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience leading a team of software developers.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders and IT executives.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on knowledge of software configuration and management, and problem resolution.
- Programming experience with Ruby on Rails, C#, and/or SQL Server platforms.
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with cloud environments including Heroku and Azure.
- Strong communications skills.
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
- Previous work experience in a financial institution environment.
- Experience with automate portfolio valuations.
- Knowledge of Python and VBA programming.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.