Platform EngineerAt Homebase
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on September 13th
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your task will be to build a variety of web software applications and advance our existing software architecture, as well as continue to extend our existing APIs
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- You will work very closely with product and design, iterating through different solutions from a product and design perspective, and tie everything back to engineering costs
- Experience building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Ruby on Rails in a production system or large engineering group highly desirable
- You are comfortable with languages like Ruby or Go.
- You contribute to and lead technical projects, working with engineers at all levels in a passionate and empathetic manner.
- You collaborate well with and work through others, lifting the skills and expertise of those around you.
- You value testing, instrumenting, and documenting your work.
- Value quality of work over quantity. Outcome over output.
- Experience moving monoliths to SOA
- Experience in feature or UI-facing development
- Experience leveraging tools like DataDog to empower engineering teams
Homebase Team Attributes: If you resonate with these traits, you may be a Homie!
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Colorado Only: The salary range for this position is $120-$170K per year. Final offers may vary based on several factors including experience and expertise.
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.