Back-end Software Engineer - IntegrationsAt Homebase
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on July 23rd
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
We’re currently hiring in all Homebase hubs: Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Toronto, CA
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform and impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your task will be to build a variety of web software applications and advance our existing software architecture, as well as continue to extend our existing APIs
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- You will work very closely with product and design, iterating through different solutions from a product and design perspective, and tie everything back to engineering costs
- 5+ years of Web Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in MVC software framework: Ruby and Rails or experience with a full-stack backend framework such as Spring and proven ability to learn new frameworks and languages.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Experience integrating with external SDKs
- Experience using JSON API Standards
- Formidable Unit testing experience
- Best practices handling integrations with 3rd party vendors (error handling, API Interface development)
- Amplitude Experience a plus
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Expert understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Unit Testing with RSpec
- Sidekick experience
- Amplitude experience
Homebase Team Attributes: If you resonate with these traits, you may be a Homie!
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.