Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)At Harled Inc
- Full Time
Posted on June 21st
Are you passionate about technology, working in a small team and working closely to deliver a world-class product? How about partnering with some of the coolest and most unique clients in Canada? If yes, then we're excited to meet you and hear about your approach to software development, mentoring and keeping code fun.
We're looking for a proven developer to join the team and help take our projects to the next level. We use, and love, Ruby on Rails and believe in doing things the "Rails way". We also take great pride in delivering a developer experience that is second to none.
In your role you will be a key contributor to delivering on our technology strategy and have an important role to play in how we develop software. You will provide mentorship to junior developers and be happy to spend time learning from the senior members on the team.
- An opportunity to work with the coolest partner (Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Huge opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate change
- A small, tight-knit company with a great culture
- An understanding environment that embraces personal and professional growth
- Sweet office space at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, ON
- Flexible work hours
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Health spending account (full-time employees)
- The salary range for this role is: $80k-95k based on experience
- This role is eligible for up to 10% performance bonus
- Develop features across the entire software stack using Ruby on Rails
- Drive code quality through code reviews, pair programming, architecture and coding practices
- Evaluate and implement changes to improve our development workflow
- Support a strategy to keep tech debt at bay (and pay back some existing debt)
- Mentor junior developers
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related program
- 1+ years of experience as a full stack developer working in a DevOps environment
- Working knowledge of cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and container technology
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with Django, Laravel, Symfony or similar full stack frameworks
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player that loves to win
- A willingness to undergo a Government of Canada security screening
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status
Our dream candidate also has:
- You have experience with the Department of National Defence
- You have experience working in a startup
We're excited to meet you and to start the conversation to evaluate if we're a fit to do great things together!
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.