Senior Fullstack Engineer, Internal ToolsAt HappyCo
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on June 22nd
HappyCo builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Its Happy Property flagship product suite has2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. The company was founded in 2011 and is privately held with employees located throughout North America and Australia.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders, and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities.
As a Fullstack Engineer or Senior Fullstack Engineer in our Internal Tools group, you'll play a key role in a team whose mission is to build internal tools that are used to enable efficiency gains for our internal teams by building fit for purpose software for our internal teams to better serve our unique customer needs.
The internal tools group is primarily responsible for Hub. Hub is our internal CRM, ETL, and workflow automation platform that allows us to orchestrate a number of workflows that are unique to the customers we serve. Additionally, it coordinates data consistency across all of our other services that house customer contexts such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom, Asana, and Billing. Finally, being the most complete dataset we have on customers, it is the layer used to publish our internal BI data to allow our teams to test hypotheses, see patterns, and stay ahead of any surprises both for customers and our business.
Hub is written in Rails using Domain-Driven Design (DDD) principles and borrows on from best practices from other languages and frameworks such as heavy use of guard clauses as seen in Go, and changesets from Elixir.
What you'll do in this role:
- Contribute to the overall direction of the Hub product
- Solve high priority business problems through technology
- Contribute to defining and improving our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Provide mentorship for junior and mid-level engineers
- Have the autonomy and responsibility to drive shipping moderate-large sized features and improvements
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
You should apply if you bring:
- Significant and recent professional experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- A focus on code quality
- Experience in a scaling SaaS products
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Comfort working in a highly agile, iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindsetEffective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates
- Experience owning projects from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a broad range of teams and stakeholders
- Share our values and principles, and work in accordance with those
You'll stand out if you bring:
- Proficient at SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with ETLs and data modeling
- Experience working with a wide range of vendor APIs
Our hiring process for this Senior Fullstack Engineer (Rails) position typically follows five stages. The details of this process and our leveling structure can be shared on request.
Working at HappyCo:
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page!
Also some of the added benefits you’ll experience while working at HappyCo are:
Work from anywhere!
Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
Generous paid parental leave
Unlimited time off
Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.