HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
We're looking for a Lead Fullstack Engineer to join a team in piloting a new product. In this role, you will build a product that reimagines the way that communities provide maintenance support to their residents with timeliness and convenience as key pillars of the experience.
This new product offering was developed with the philosophy that our software can enable new ways of connecting residents to qualified professionals to answer their maintenance needs with the same delightful user experience our other products provide to property management teams.
As this product is still in its earliest phases, the sky is the limit on what we can imagine delivering this experience to our customers. We're excited to find an engineer who sees this blank canvas and sees all of the possibilities before us!
During your first week, you will
- Get to know our leadership, culture, and values
- Onboard with the engineering team and product triad
- Participate in 1 customer or partner conversation
- Read our favorite industry primers
During your first six weeks, you will
- Ship your first major project that solves an important customer outcome
- Write your first strategy document
- Get acquainted with the different departments
- Shadow a few customer and partner meetings every week
During your first six months, you will
- Actively work within the internal tools product triad to identify customer outcomes and ship products that meaningfully deliver value to customers
- Help grow our team by mentoring new engineers, organizing pair programming and mob sessions, writing development tooling and documentation, and interviewing new hires
What you should have
- Experience building web applications professionally for 4+ years
- Experience building greenfield products that are pre-PMF
- Experience with ETLs and data modeling
Technologies we use
- Ruby on Rails on the backend
- Postgres for the database
- GCP for infrastructure and hosting
- Docker for containerization
++Work from anywhere!
++Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
++Generous paid parental leave
++Unlimited time off
++Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co
) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M
units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor
page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.