Senior Software Engineer - BackendAt Guava
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on August 4th
Guava is a digital banking and community platform designed for and by Black small business owners. Guava is on a mission to close the racial wealth gap by facilitating the growth and resilience of Black small businesses with financial products designed to meet their needs.
Guava is a rapidly growing seed stage company based in New York City backed by Precursor Ventures, Backstage Capital, First Close Partners, Heron Capital, and other top angel and institutional investors.
About this role
In this position, you will have the opportunity to help build out a high caliber engineering team while taking point on all back end development and operations. We are looking for someone who has proven their ability to build and operate backend technology systems and is ready to grow into an engineering leadership role.
- Lead backend development and operations
- Take ownership of the Ruby on Rails code-base and the AWS / Kubernetes infrastructure
- Serve as mentor and technical lead for other backend engineers
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, preferably with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Proficient with relational databases
What we are looking for
- Curiosity mixed with a healthy dose of Get Sh*t Done
- High level of technical expertise along with the self-awareness and maturity to know what you don’t know and to make smart decisions based on that knowledge
- Interest and willingness to dive in and help out in areas that are outside of your core responsibilities
Want to join the team?
If you are excited about Guava, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The role you’re applying to in the subject line e.g. “Full Stack Engineer”
- A link to your LinkedIn, Github, or other relevant profiles
- Please include a statement on why you’re excited about the opportunity to join Guava
We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.