Lead Software EngineerAt Groove
- Full Time
- Full Remote (with restrictions)
Posted on September 9th
We value unconventional candidates and people who are looking for stretch roles; therefore, we encourage people to apply even if their experience does not meet every single qualification.
- You value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact on end users
- You enjoy white-boarding data models and workflows with others
- You've built and supported things that operate in production and at scale
- You seek the best solution given real life constraints - not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well
- You take initiative and ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You're inquisitively curious
- You're passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a personal track record of life-long learning
Requirements - Technology Skills:
- Excellent OR mapping and RDBMS engineering skills on MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, and/or Oracle to include high proficiency with SQL, DDL, stored procedures, and schema design
- Fluency in web services / API standards, technologies and tools (e.g. XML, SOAP/REST, GraphQL, etc.), experienced in architecting enterprise-class web services and API
- Must possess theoretical and proven practical mastery of programming and design patterns, beyond the normal MVC etc.
- Familiar with Salesforce platform / APEX development
- Familiar with Chrome Extension development
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with heavy use of all important Ruby on Rails, Java/J2EE, Python, or C#/.Net or equivalent web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional performance engineering experience with large scale application performance tuning and benchmarking of millions of daily transactions and terabyte databases
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- 2+ years of professional web application development experience that required heavy use of related commercial or open source web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional RDBMS development experience that leveraged complex SQL, DML, DDL, and well-designed schemas. Directly PostgreSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL data management and analysis technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Redis, MemcacheD, Redshift, etc. is a plus
- Salesforce Development experience (Apex, LWC, Visualforce, SOQL) is a plus
- Chrome Extensions Development experience is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO for US employees
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, employee premiums covered at 99%!
- Company-paid life insurance
- 100% Remote Workforce
- 12 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide and team-building retreats & virtual events
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
*Benefits and perks may vary per country*
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.