Backend Engineer, Secure (Ruby on Rails)At GitLab
- Full Time
Posted on November 16th
- Significant professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Ability to use GitLab
- Comfort and familiarity with our code review process
- Significant professional experience in Golang
- Experience working in a peak performance organization, a product company, or an enterprise software company
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Experience working with a globally distributed or otherwise multicultural team
- Developer platform/tool industry experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
- Confidently develop features and improvements with minimal guidance to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment.
- Conduct Code Review within our Code Review Guidelines and ensure community contributions receive a swift response.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Participate in Tier 2 or Tier 3 weekday and weekend and occasional night on-call rotations to assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.