Senior Backend Engineer (Rails)At Getro
- Full Time
- Full Remote
Posted on June 15th
Getro is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to form part of its core team (first 20 employees). You’ll help set the direction of our technology as we scale our systems from serving hundreds of customers to thousands and move from Seed to Series A and beyond.
You, as a person:
- You seek out simplicity in code, processes, and products
- You practice extreme ownership and are highly driven
- You are product minded and have a great understanding of the needs of the user
- You are a proactive communicator and team player
- You thrive in high performing engineering teams
- You care that your colleagues feel safe, supported and valued
- You want to help bring about a positive change in society
You, as an engineer:
- Have at least 6 years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Have experience building scalable applications
- Consider yourself a backend engineer, but have some experience working in the frontend and are happy to dabble in it (80:20 backend:frontend split; bonus points if you have experience with React)
- Have a strong desire to work in a startup (bonus points if you have worked in one before)
- Can communicate clearly in both English and in code
At Getro you will:
- Work with autonomy on large projects critical to our roadmap, executing toward simple, effective solutions
- Help define our technical architecture, coding standards and best practices
- Write well-formulated, well-tested and readable code
- Improve performance, reliability and scalability of our applications
- Collaborate with PMs and designers to design elegant solutions to problems facing our users
- 100% remote, 100% flexible
- Salary: $92k - $120k
- Why the range? We're open to different levels of experience for this role, but still wanted to publish a salary range to make sure we're not wasting your time
- Generous employee stock options with an attractive strike price
- Unlimited vacation
- Unique culture: Humans first, unicorn dreams second
- Healthcare & co-working allowance
- Leadership impact in the product and business as one of the first 20 employees vs. cog in the machine
Getro is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making and receiving professional introductions by combining technology and empathy.
That’s nice, what do you do, though?
We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates open jobs across a network of companies and;
- GetroNetwork, which allows talent (active and passive searchers) and companies to find one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
Together our products provide all of the quality that comes from a referral vs hundreds of faceless Linkedin profiles, with a UX that is built for employers, not recruiters, and doing away with all of the emailing, calls, and reminders that usually go into a referral request.
Our customers include over 400 independent professional networks — like venture capital funds (Kleiner Perkins), accelerators (TechStars), membership communities (Women 2.0), government associations (Techleap.nl), universities (University of Toronto), and more. They use our software to make better introductions for their community members, measure the outcomes of their intros, and in some cases, make money.
Getro’s secret sauce
- 430 paying customers
- Experts in the space: Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before it was cool)
- 16 team members across 7 countries
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in person for company summits (before the pandemic: Germany, Cape Town, San Francisco...)
How we work
We're ambitious, but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presentee-ism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
Get the latest sent to your inbox once a week!
Receive a weekly update of technical tips, Rails job market analysis, Rails job listings and more!
We'll never share your email address. See our Privacy & Data Policies for more details.